Covid-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways, it is caused by a virus called Coronavirus.
It can take up to 14 days for the symptoms of Coronavirus to appear.
The most common symptoms are: cough, shortness of breath, breathing difficulties, fever.
Other symptoms include fatigue, headaches, sore throat, aches and pains.
These symptoms can be due to other infections commonly present in the Irish population.
If you are concerned about Covid-19 , travelled from an infected area, or you are a close contact (ie >15 minutes within 2m) of a confirmed case, or treated in a hospital treating Covid-19 please contact the Helpline for further instructions 1850 241 850.
If you or your child have symptoms of cough, sore throat, runny nose and do not have a temperature over 38* or any significant underlying medical condition. Look up www.undertheweather.ie to manage the symptoms yourself.
If you or your child is unwell and have a temperature over 38*, please phone the surgery before attending. Our reception staff will ask you a few simple questions and get a doctor to phone you back to decide on appropriate management.
As a GP surgery, we are a high risk location for potential spread of Covid-19 and are trying to minimise infection spread to patients and staff in these unprecedented times. If staff members or doctor are exposed to Covid-19 we face a potential shut down for 14 days which will greatly affect our ability to look after your health care needs, and will put our staff at risk.
Please do not attend the surgery without ringing for an appointment :051 852999
- Wash your hands with soap and water for about 15sec, often.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough or sneeze.
- Put your tissues into a bin, wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with people who are not well.
- Avoid crowded places especially indoors.
- Follow the travel advice from the Department of Foreign Affairs.
- Stay at home if you are sick to help stop the spread of whatever infection you may have.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not washed.
- Do not share objects that touch your mouth eg. bottles, cups.
For the most up to date information and guidelines on the management of Covid-19 look up www.hse.ie